Friday, January 27, 2012

I need to make this a habit.

I am really bad at sitting down and writing each day.  I wish I had something that would help me out with that process.  But so far, I only write when it occurs to me. 

A little bit of an update to report: I started my last semester at Ivy Tech and have started to process of transferring to Indiana Tech.  I figured out that I am half way do with my Bachelor's Degree and the MBA is not as long as I thought.  So, those are very positive things.

On the weight loss front, I am doing ok.  I would not say stellar.  I did very well the first week.  Fairly well the second, but at the moment I can feel my resolve slipping.  But I want to keep plugging away.  So far I have lost 10 pounds, which I am pretty proud about.  We started with the Dukan diet, but have modified ourselves into eating healthy foods and reading labels like crazy. Dave has done a lot of nutrition research and we have begun to eliminate high fructose corn syrup and the like from our diet.  Apparently, our body transfers that right into fat.  And it doesn't know the difference between high fructose corn syrup and alcohol.  The only difference is that alcohol is metabolized in the brain while high fructose corn syrup is metabolized in the liver.  Scary to think that because I was eating so much sugar I as basically doing the same kind of damage to my body as being an alcoholic.  It does really help to have Dave cooking and helping me shop so that I don't slip into "convenient foods".  We have also started keeping a giant pot of vegetable soup in the refrigerator for those times when we need a little something.  So far, so good.  I will achieve this goal! I must achieve this goal!

The only other thing to report is Lindsay is still cheering for Holy Cross.  She has now started playing volleyball for Fort Wayne Volleyball Club, and just informed me she wants to join the gymnastics team at Holy Cross.  Looks like her schedule is going to be the tough one.
Adam is playing Freshman basketball for Concordia which takes up a great deal of time as well.  I am hoping to get Jordan into martial arts very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment