Sunday, July 15, 2012

What I learned today...

I learned that cantaloupe is better for eating rather than juicing.  It tasted kind of weird, and it made my morning juice more like a smoothie.

I learned that Quaker Steak and Lube has very little in the way of vegetarian meals.

I learned that I can resist the 4 wheeler at Quaker Steak and Lube, which consists of onion rings, fried pickles, mozzarella sticks, and soft pretzels.  Used to love all those things.  Tonight we went and I didn't have a bite.

I learned that I can resist birthday cake and ice cream even if it is from my own kid's cake.

I also learned this weekend that I need to be more vigilant about my water.  My weight loss has slowed, and I'm sure it's because I haven't been drinking my water like I should be.

It's been an interesting weekend with grilling, eating out and cake, but I have resisted it all.  I find myself thinking, "Surely I can have one thing..."  but I haven't had anything that isn't on my list yet.  I hope I can keep up with this program for at least another 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment