Wednesday, May 30, 2012

GeoWoodstock X Adventure (part 2 - the weird hotel room)

I love to get deals on hotels.  So, I use Priceline quite often. I have been pretty happy with our rooms, and I can't think of one really bad hotel room we have gotten. In fact, most of the time I am pleasantly surprised at what a great deal I usually get.  For GeoWoodstock X we were booked at the Days Inn in Jeffersonville, IN.  I checked it out on the internet, ad although it didn't have a whole lot of amenities, I thought it would be fine.  We show up at the hotel and the first thing I realize is that there is only one bed and it's not a king size bed at that.  Normally when you book on Priceline you get a double room - 2 queen size beds.  I am not sure this Days Inn had that kind of bed.  The next thing I notice is the bathroom.

 Here is the shower, it barely has a lip to keep the water in.  I mentioned this and Dave said, well if it leaks out there is a drain in the middle of the floor it can drain into.  Good point.  The water definitely did not stay in the shower.  The second thing was that there was a seat in the shower...we did not request a handicapped shower.  It was really no big deal until I realized it was the only place to put my shampoo.  There were no soap dishes at all.
So, as you can see, I just threw everything on the seat and went with it.  The other thing I noticed was that apparently giants frequent here as the shower heads are almost to the ceiling.  Dave adjusted the shower and I had to jump to put it back where I wanted it.                                
We will not even discuss the patched paint job.  I didn't get that at all.  Especially when there was a sign outside that said, "Yes, we are now open."  Maybe you should have waited until the painting was done before opening. Then next thing I noticed was the amount of safety features in this room. All these devices were on the wall of the main room, and the bathroom.  Yes, one says "door bell", but I never saw a door bell anywhere!

 I must give the Days Inn kudos in the fact the are trying to be creative in their decor.  This was hanging above our bed, and on the wall right next to the bed.
Isn't it lovely? It had metallic in it and everything.  Did I mention we are about a mile from Kentucky?  And yet, the Indian motif is what they decided to go with?  And I'm not even sure that's it's Indian either.  The one downfall for this trip for Dave had to be the coffee.  The packet for the coffee says it makes four cups.  He tried that, it tasted like water.  So he attempted to make just one cup...that didn't do it either.  We ended up at Waffle House for coffee.
Worthless coffee pot, since the coffee grounds are so weak.  But cool sink!



No comments:

Post a Comment